Theme 3, Lessons 13 & 14, Texts 61-69: Everything, including the universe, is non-diferent from Paramatma. PPT and recordings of this class are available at http://tinyurl.com/6-sandarbhas
- How is it that Paramatma is both the nimitta and upadana causes of the cosmic manifestation, their effect, which is non-different from Him, and yet He is different from everything, including the universe? [sat-karya-vada: Although an effect is not different from its effect, the cause is not absolutely one with its effect.]
- How is the universe and everything else, is non-different from Paramatma?
- The gross physical body is neither an aggregate of its parts (the 5 gross elements), nor a new object separate from its parts, nor is it a unit identical with its parts. If so, then what exactly is this unit, our physical body? Even the material elements are not the independent causes.
- How is Paramatma distinct from the cosmic manifestation out of His Maya potency, from Maya itself, and from the Jiva?
- If the universe is non-different from Paramatma, then why does not everyone perceive it to be so? Perception of the world as Paramatma’s inconceivable potency!